Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Open up new eyes



Today is the second time for us to enter our resources class. It is quite fun and interesting as it involves a lot of technology skills in carrying out our course. Wow… everything is on IT. However, I am a bit worry as I am really weak especially in Technology. What am I going to do? I am helpless, clueless and directionless. Looking for a helping hand but I realized I should be depending on myself without relying on the others. As part of our assignment and tutorial task, we are required to log into our blog to update our weekly reflection and information from time to time as marks will be accessed for all these applications. There is hardly any paper and pencil form of submitting in this course as all are to be submitted onto our blog from time to time. I am worried if I am able to catch up with the rapidness of the course. I miss those days even though we have to struggle hard through the boring class with paper and pencil in my hand all the time.

During the class too, we have also been given a questionnaire to fill in our particulars and some details about our prior knowledge on the use of internet such as the knowledge on editing audio files, videos, and photos which enables Pn Foziah, who is our lecturer to access on our previous knowledge and next decides on the lessons to be carried out for the coming days. I realize that there are still a lot more of the technology that I do not know how to use. I am really looking forward to learn all these from this class with the hope that I would be able to edit all kinds of files by applying all these into my teaching and learning process with my pupils in the future. I believe these would make my lesson more interesting and interactive as it includes technology and young children get very excited when the teacher applies technology in the lesson. This gains their full attention as well.



Besides, we have too, being introduced a variety of software and some new terminology that I have never come across. “SKYDRIVE!” what is it? Sounds very advance, right? It is indeed really advanced. It is a space (something like our external hardisc) where we can keep all our data and information there. This quite surprised me as I never know that and what more surprising me is that it is one of the software included in the window live messenger. I have been using window live messenger since I was in form 2 which is 8 years back and I never know the website has such thing. What a shamed. Anyway, although they seems new and strange to me as I have never seen and use before, I would like to learn and exploit them fully as I believe that they will be very helpful for my career in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment